Why you should wear a Quick Release Leash Paddleboarding.
Paddleboarding has become an increasingly popular activity in recent years, and for good reason. It’s a great way to get out on the water, stay fit, and enjoy the great outdoors. However, it’s important to take safety seriously when paddleboarding, and one of the best ways to do that is by using a QR (quick Release) waist leash.
Wearing a leash for paddleboarding is Life saving and essential, whether your learning or an experienced paddle boarder. You should use a coiled leash in Flat conditions and for touring and a Straight leash for surfing or SUP Foiling.
A coiled leash is perfect for everyday use and you can get these as ankle of or knee leashes. You can even get them with quick release pins on them, however this relies on you being able to reach down to your ankle or knee to pull the pin. In some situations reaching down to your knee or beyond to pull a leash off is impossible which is why the Quick release waist belt has been developed.
A QR waist leash is a simple but effective piece of equipment that attaches around your waist. In the event that you fall off your board, the leash will ensure that you stay connected to it, making it easier to get back on and reducing the risk of drifting away from your board. However, if you become entangled or entrapped you will need to get rid of your board. Pulling the Quick release buckle cord will release the belt and board from your person allowing you to self rescue.
If a paddleboarders leash becomes entangled around something in any water flow or the board or person becomes stuck and there is tension placed on the body then without a QR leash the person could find it very hard to get to release a standard leash. However a QR leash is very easy to find and release.
Here are a few reasons why using a QR waist leash is so important when paddleboarding:
- It can help prevent accidents: Falling off your board is a common occurrence when paddleboarding, and it can happen for a variety of reasons. A sudden gust of wind, an unexpected wave, or even just losing your balance can all cause you to fall off your board. With a QR waist leash, you can stay connected to your board and reduce the risk of getting separated from it, which can prevent accidents and make it easier to get back on your board.
- You can release from your board if you need to in an emergency situation, entrapment or entanglement.
- Its easy to find and release.
- A QR leash is less restrictive and avoids entanglement with your paddle.
- It can give you peace of mind: Finally, using a QR waist leash can give you peace of mind when you’re out on the water. Knowing that you’re connected to your board but easily released can make you feel more confident and relaxed, which can make for a more enjoyable paddleboarding experience.
Types of QR Leashes –
Palm Equipment – Quick belt – Toggle pull release belt –
Red paddle co – QR belt – Toggle pull release belt –
Bluefin Releash – Quick Release Utility Belt –
Peak PS River Guide Quick Release Waist Belt –
NRS Quick-Release SUP Leash –
Palm Quick SUP Leash – 3m –
Panda SUP co – Waist belt –
There are lots of different types of QR leashes out ther eand it is for you to work out which one will work best for you. The important things is that they are quick release and you can ditch your board when you need to.
In conclusion, using a QR waist leash is an important safety measure that all paddleboarders should take seriously. It can help prevent accidents, keep you safe, and give you peace of mind when you’re out on the water. So, before you head out on your next paddleboarding adventure, make sure you’re equipped with a QR waist leash.