Kayaking in Newquay
Kayak Lessons Tours and Hire in Cornwall
Experience the Cornish coast from the water with NWSC Kayaking tours, lessons and kayak hire in Newquay, Cornwall.
Kayaking is an exciting and fun activity that's relatively easy and accessible for everyone.You can have a go in a single or two person, rigid, highly maneuverable sit-on-top kayaks.
Our sit-on-top kayaks can be used for beginner to intermediate lessons. Come on a scenic wildlife coastal and estuary tour. Alternatively ride the waves in our waveski lessons.
We can teach you all aspects of beginner to intermediate Kayaking techniques. Guided in a fun and safe environment by our knowledgeable and expert staff. At our prime location in Newquay Harbour, we offer the best facilities at our base. We have the best location on the North coast for beginner to intermediate Kayaking lessons and tours.
We also offer Kayak Hire in Newquay. Check out our other Kayaking pages/activities at the below links
Waveski - Kayaking in the surf.
Kayak Fishing - Catch fish using our specialized fishing kayaks and rods
BEST TO PRE BOOK - Why not book online today - Click on the blue "Book Now" button next to the activity you would like.
If you would like a custom activity start time or experience any difficulties booking online or would like to chat over any questions. Please call 01637 498200 and we will be able to answer any questions you may have and book you in quickly over the phone. Group Discounts available.
Kayak Intro Lesson = Calm water beginner lesson
All equipment and instructors are included in our WSA Sit on Top Kayak Lesson where you will learn many skills to have you paddling in no time. You will arrive for a safety briefing, we will get you kitted up, then off for to the beach and shoreline for brief land lesson and then straight into the sheltered waters for paddle techniques, coaching and perhaps some games. Look out you might see our resident grey seals whilst in our harbour.Eventually we will return to shore for a debrief and time to grab a shower and get changed. Age 5+ (5 to 11 year olds must have a parent on site during the whole activity). We have single seat & double seat kayaks if you would like to buddy up.
Kayak Mini Lesson with Coastal Tour = Explore the hidden coastline
All equipment and instructors are included with a mini lesson for Beginners or more experienced refresher lesson. Once we are happy that everyone is safe and can paddle you will follow our guides on a coastal paddle adventure of Newquay's hidden coastline. You will be exploring our native wildlife, caves and the swell of the rocky coast all under paddle power.You will arrive for a safety briefing, kit up, then off for to the shoreline for brief land lesson and then straight into the sheltered waters for paddle techniques and coaching. Once confident you'll paddle along the coast exploring the stunning coastline and then eventually head back to base for a debrief, shower and change.
Age 5+ (Age 5 to 11 years olds we can offer double seat kayaks for parents or guardians to share with their little ones. Odd numbers don't worry give us a call and we can book you in.)
1-2-1 or 2-2-1 PRIVATE LESSON
All equipment + instructor included in our WSA Sit On Top kayak Lesson you will learn many skills to have you paddling in no time on this exclusive session. If you have experience or have just bought a Kayak and want to learn anything specific to our sit on top kayaks, let our instructor know. You will arrive for a safety briefing, we will get you kitted up, then off for to the shoreline and straight into the sheltered waters for paddle techniques and coaching, debrief and then eventually head back to base, grab a shower and get changed.
GROUP DISCOUNTS AVAILABLE
Book today or Call us for details on
- All Equipment included - Winter Wetsuit / Buoyancy Aid / Helmet / Sit On Top Kayak/ Paddle.
- Fully Qualified Expert Instructor.
- Duration of activity is up to 2 hours - you will be with us for about 2.5 Hours (private is 1 hour you'll be with us up to 2hrs).
- All activities run daily with slots available at 9.00/11.00/1.00/3.00 & 5.00 - Custom times available please call to book.
- Beach & ocean Safety / Warm Up & Practice / Paddle Techniques/calm sheltered water lesson (Beginner Lesson)/ sea tour paddle along coast (Mini lesson with coastal sea tour)/ Lesson Review.
- Free Snaps - Or we can organise a professional photographer or videographer to capture your lesson or experience. This can be arranged in advance at time of booking with our in house team for a small charge.
- NOT INCLUDED - You will need to bring a towel, swimming costume or swim shorts, pair of lace up trainers you don't mind getting wet, waterproof sunblock and a hair band to tye back long hair.
Our Facilities in Newquay Harbour
- Just 200 yards from 2 golden sandy beaches & only safe launch and sheltered water teaching facility in Newquay.
- Pay and Display parking right outside the centre- TR7 1HT - 50 spaces & 2 Blue Badge parking.
- Inspected and Licensed by Adventure Activities Licensing Authority (AALA) to take juniors on adventurous activities &Public Liability Insured.
- Showers & Lockers; Mens & Ladies changing facilities.
- Food - Tiki Hawaiian BBQ and meal deals available on our sun deck.
- Drink - Best Coffee ever & Hot & Cold Drinks available- Free Water Refills (bring a bottle).
- Dog friendly - We have quiet sheltered kennels with water and can houses your pet indoors during your activity with us for a short period (your buddy must get a long with other dogs, not bark when left, be up to date with jabs and flea treatments.) Must Prebook as we have limited availability.
Who's it for?
Kayaking and waveskiing is suitable for everyone. Our tandem boats enable us to take both young and old, experienced or not. We can teach you everything you need to have a great time and if you can't get to grips with it you can always enjoy spending your session with one of our instructors on a tandem kayak.
Age - 5 to 18 year olds must be accompanied by an Adult.
Ability - Swim
Why choose NWSC?
Our team of experienced expert staff will look after you every step of the way, highly qualified, safe and fun.
We provide exceptional quality as well as excellent value. We have changing facilities at our HQ in Newquay Harbour, a great place to relax after your day with us and take in the views with a relaxing drink or two.
Already had a lesson or experienced? Why not hire from us..........
Half Day - Hire
To Hire - Card Deposit & Matching i.d required on arrival
Full Day - Hire
(up to 6 hours) Pick up any time from 9am must be returned by 5.30pm (lifeguards off duty)
To Hire - Card Deposit & Matching i.d required on arrival