SLSGB Surf/Beach Lifeguard Courses
Newquay Watersports Training centre offers unique training experience, empowering all to achieve and exceed personal goals.
Priding ourselves on Excellence we aim to facilitate you to become Rescue professionals, exceeding the expectations of the entire SLSGB robust exam syllabus.
What makes our training different?
We expect 110% dedication from all candidates, in order to achieve their full potential.
In return we provide you with 110% support before, during and after attending training with us. This includes:-
There are many different awards based around the same core syllabus. We facilitate these concurrently at Newquay Water sports. Depending upon your needs, age and personal fitness the right award can be selected (see table for minimum ages from 14 and Physical requirements) Please contact us to discuss if you have any questions. For course dates please check out our blog
Get ready for summer with our SLSGB Lifeguard courses and refresher courses.
Next course dates are available on our course dates page or if you are looking for another date, are a group, club or school then give us Call today to discuss this further 07535103119 / 01637 498200
To be eligible to partake in the water activities all participants must achieve 400m in less than 9:30min prior to the course start date. This will be examined prior to and on the first day of the course.
- Access to pre course Taster session (including timed swim)
- Course tailored to personal objectives
- Personal tools of the trade
- Full week of intensive training (Not just 9-5) all fully resourced
- Multiple trainers with a wealth of international experience supporting a real life approach, built upon day to day routines and scenarios.
- Option of accommodation on site
- Includes access to further training
- Includes access to equipment 10:00-18:00 7days a week during summer season
The Internationally recognised SLSGB surf Lifeguard Award is the most respected/ robust syllabus and assessment criteria in the UK.
Evidenced by no less than 8 hours greater guided learning than other institutions, the most up to date resources and instructor annual governance updates.
This is the preferred award for Beach lifeguards locally as well as event water safety providers and is a prerequisite for working as a beach lifeguard for the RNLI or Local Authority Lifeguard service and for National Surfing Instructor Awards.
It is recognised by the International Lifesaving Federation
Exceling in skills for real life emergencies.
Our trainers are passionate and dedicated in being the best, continually striving for improvement.
We are at the forefront of equipment development inspired by extensive first-hand experience.
See lifeguarding through different eyes!
There are several different Beach Lifeguard awards/ qualifications based around the same syllabus requiring participants to achieve different physical assessments (400m timed swims/ 200m beach run).
- Lifeguard communication/ signals test
- Fitness Run test /Pool test (see above)
- Rescue Equipment Tube and Board rescues
- Casualty handling
- First aid
- Resuscitation adult, child and baby
- Spinal Injury management
- Team work, Control and command
- Lifeguard Workbook knowledge base
- Environmental awareness & assessment
- Beach/Ocean Seamanship
- Working alongside Emergency Services
- Assisting and extraction off/ from powered rescue craft
Included in the course Price
- Pre assessment/ suitability assessment
- SLSGB Membership
- Newquay water sports Membership and Lifeguard Log diary
- SLSGB First aid/ Lifeguard Training Manual
- Access to the lifeguard Library (collection of international resources)
- Personal tools of the trade equipment (PPE/ Shears/ Pocket mask) (Personal Lifeguard Kit Fox 40 whistle & wrist lanyard)
- Post course Personal development plan, Access to equipment 7 days a week.
- Continual support, free access to regular training (free deferral of assessment up to 3 Months)
- Video coaching feedback Wavetracks GPS data record Rescue board performance
- Discount off Rescue kit, Boards/ Tubes clothing for all graduates
- Wetsuit hire if required
- Awards assessed and certificated
All above £350
Accommodation from our Partners, contact us for more information.
Not included yet highly recommended
- Short swim fins (training/ rescue)
- Membership to local Pool/ gym
- SLSGB annual update