Stay Alert – COVID-19
Last updated 24.2.21 –
Up to the 29th March 2021, two persons are allowed to exercise and do sporting activities whilst maintaining social distancing. We are open to 1:1 session bookings. Local community only.
On the 29th March 2021 onwards – Our National Governing Bodies for our activities are working to agree, that following the U.K government announcement on the 22nd Feb 2021. Organised sports and physical activity events will be able to operate like the success of last year to their national governing body ratios. This will be working to 1:8 where activities dictate. We are a Covid secure activity provider operating always within the current guidelines.
This will enable you to book any of our activities or hire any of our equipment if you are a local person or family.
From the 12th of April we are offering all of our business activities as normal to everyone. Reason being is that following the announcement from the government, people will be allowed to travel and stay in single household groups. Thus enabling us to offer our activities and hire to everyone.
The government has produced the following guidance Covid 19: Meeting with others safely .
With permitting successful government data on Covid and the vaccinations going to plan, all restrictions will be removed on 21st June 2021.
We will continue with all our activities taking place outside and meeting outside our centre.
Maintaining the ‘Hands. Face. Space’ campaign which urges the public to continue to wash their hands, cover their face and make space to control infection rates.
Please – Do not leave home if you or anyone in your household has any symptoms. Remember – You or others can carry the virus with out showing signs or symptoms.
Previous update Winter 2020 – Lockdown 3
Previous update 14.9.20 – Hands/ face /space – Rule of six changes.
Previous update 16.7.20 – Ratio now increased 1:8 on some activities.
Previous update 2.6.2020 – Reopening / We are Covid secure / Revised Operating procedures
Things to consider when you book with Newquay Water Sports Centre
Newquay Water Sports Centre fully support the government guidelines on the current Covid-19 situation. Following Government and National Governing Bodies (NGB) advice we are able to take bookings and run all activities from 29th March 2021. We have everything in place to operate safely and follow these Covid secure guidelines. Everything is done outside and our indoor centre is not open to customers to use our facilities, we are reviewing our position on this daily. we successfully ran activities from July of last year all the way through to the autumn with no transmissions traced back to our centre. This proved to us and our customers that our Covid Secure system is highly effective. If you have any questions please do call or email us.
- All equipment will be rigorously cleaned, wetsuits, buoyancy aids, helmets will be disinfected using Milton sterilising agent and boards, kayaks and all hard surfaces all cleaned down with disinfectant. (even though there has now been studies to prove that the infection does not linger on equipment)
- If you have your own kit, board and wetsuit etc, we strongly advise you to use this for your lesson.
- All payments are contactless or online.
- All bookings must be made in advance by phone or online.
- Waivers are online only, a link will be emailed to you to complete on your own computer or phone. If we do not receive a completed waiver from you, we can not take you on your activity or hire.
- Our Covid Form will also be sent to you to complete your well being update within the 24hrs before your activity.
- Only toilet and hand washing facilities are available, this area must not be used for changing.
- Safety briefings, meet and greet, equipment issue and changing is done in open air.
- We will maintain safe distance between your session and other beach users.
- A minimum 1 – 2m distance will be kept at all times between the instructor and participant.
- Our centre outdoor facilities have signage and floor markings to help assist in distancing and a one way system and cleaning facility.
- Your equipment is pre organised and ready for use on arrival with quick collection.
- On top of our already existing high standard risk management, all of our staff are trained in new Covid-19 risk management and safe implementation of the most recent government guidelines.
- Our office and shop will remain closed to customers to access, purchase can be made online or over the phone.
- We are not working with walk in customers, everything must be booked in advance by phone or online and pre paid.
- All surfaces that our customer may come into contact with will be regularly disinfected.
- We continue to monitor and follow government advice relevant to our sector
After announcements made on 22/02/21 we look to re-open our premises and more facilities on the 29th March 2021.
BEFORE YOUR VISIT –
Travel / Accommodation / Local community – Where ever you are visiting us from, please respect and protect our local community and our staff. Holiday lets will be open 12th April 2021 onwards and Hotels, Bed and breakfasts and Hostels open 17th May onwards. These dates are rough guides and are dependant on the government covid updates.
In the mean time if you choose to day trip to our holiday to Newquay, please bear in mind some public facilities are still currently closed. Government guidelines will continue to change in Cornwall and your location. Please check before leaving any restrictions announced by the government to local lock downs and rules etc. Purchasing your own holiday insurance is advisable.
RNLI Beach Safety – Our team are also volunteers and crew members of the RNLI Newquay Lifeboat and qualified beach lifeguards. RNLI have lifeguards on duty in Newquay during the summer months. If you are not experienced in water sports please book a lesson and we will teach you how to use the equipment, self rescue and ocean safety. Do not take any risks.
General Advice – Follow the Government Guidance, maintain social distancing measures and keep 2 meters apart to 1m where not possible.
Self-isolate if you or anyone you are in contact with is showing symptoms.
If you or anyone in your household is in a high risk group the advice on shielding remains, the new activities allowed under lock down, even with precautionary measures, still carry a risk of transmission.
Maintain good hygiene, avoid touching your face, carry hand sanitiser and wash hands regularly for at least 20 seconds.
Activity Specific Hygiene – Get changed outside or at home.
Do not travel with others outside your household.
Avoid touching surfaces outside your home as much as possible & ensure when you do return home you wash thoroughly.
We have chosen to only offer a few of our activities at current time, until such time when its safe to offer our other activities.
Activities we have available right now to prebook…