Last updated 2.6.2020
We can all help control the virus if we all stay alert. This means you must:
- stay at home as much as possible
- work from home if you can
- limit contact with other people
- keep your distance if you go out (2 metres apart where possible)
- wash your hands regularly
Do not leave home if you or anyone in your household has symptoms.
Things to consider when you book with Newquay Water Sports Centre
Newquay Water Sports Centre fully support the government guidelines on the current Covid-19 situation. Following Government and National Governing Bodies (NGB) advice we are able to take bookings and run all activities from 1st June. We have everything in place to operate safely and follow these guidelines. Everything is done outside and our indoor centre is not open to customers to use our facilities and we are reviewing our position daily. If you have any questions please do call or email us.
- Until further advice from the Government and Sport England we are offering all activities at a maximum 1:5 instructor ratio.
- All equipment will be rigorously cleaned, wetsuits, buoyancy aids, helmets will be disinfected using Milton sterilising agent and boards, kayaks and all hard surfaces all cleaned down with disinfectant.
- There will be no overlap between your booking and other bookings.
- If you have your own kit, board and wetsuit etc, we strongly advise you to use this for your lesson.
- All payments are contactless or online.
- All bookings must be made in advance by phone or online.
- Waivers are online only, a link will be emailed to you to complete on your own computer or phone. If we do not receive a completed waiver from you, we can not take you on your activity or hire.
- Our Covid Form will also be sent to you to complete your well being update within the 24hrs before your activity.
- Only toilet and hand washing facilities are available, this area must not be used for changing.
- Safety briefings, meet and greet, equipment issue and changing is done in open air.
- We will maintain safe distance between your session and other beach users.
- A minimum 2m distance will be kept at all times between the instructor and participant.
- Our centre outdoor facilities have signage and floor markings to help assist in distancing and a one way system and cleaning facility.
- Your equipment is pre organised and ready for use on arrival with quick collection.
- On top of our already existing high standard risk management, all of our staff are trained in new Covid-19 risk management and safe implementation of the most recent government guidelines.
- Our office and shop will remain closed to customers to access, purchase can be made online or over the phone.
- We are not working with walk in customers, everything must be booked in advance by phone or online and pre paid.
- All surfaces that the customer may come into contact with will be regularly disinfected.
- We continue to monitor and follow government advice relevant to our sector
After announcements made on 10/05/20 we look to re-open our premises and more facilities 8th June 2020. In the mean time if you choose to day trip to Newquay, please bear in mind some public facilities are still currently closed, along with accommodation, restaurants and bars until July 4th 2020.
RNLI Beach Safety – Our team are also volunteers and crew members of the RNLI Newquay Lifeboat and qualified beach lifeguards. RNLI have now lifeguards on duty in Newquay at Fistral Beach only at this moment in time. If you are not experienced in water sports please book a lesson and we will teach you how to use the equipment, self rescue and ocean safety. Do not take any risks.
National Governing Bodies and Activity Bodies Updates and guidelines.
Surfing England / British Canoeing / Water Skills Academy / National Coasteering Charter – All state that the latest government position also allows for the return of 1:5 coaching. The Department for Media, Culture and Sport has now confirmed that 1:5 coaching observing the social distancing rules and with additional hygiene measures is OK to re-commence also.
General Advice – Follow the Government Guidance, maintain social distancing measures and keep 2 meters (6 ft) apart.
Self-isolate if you or anyone you are in contact with is showing symptoms.
If you or anyone in your household is in a high risk group the advice on shielding remains, the new activities allowed under lock down, even with precautionary measures, still carry a risk of transmission.
Maintain good hygiene, avoid touching your face, carry hand sanitiser and wash hands regularly for at least 20 seconds.
Activity Specific Hygiene –
Get changed outside or at home.
Do not travel with others outside your household.
Avoid touching surfaces outside your home as much as possible & ensure when you do return home you wash thoroughly.
We have chosen to only offer a few of our activities at current time, until such time when its safe to offer our other activities.
Activities we have available right now to prebook…